Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Not Just a Class

"I'm waiting for some of you to become member's of the team and not just members of the class!"


After reading my adviser's message, it hit me, I'm part of a team again. Except this time, I'm not playing football or wrestling, but reporting.

When I first joined the Talonmarks staff, it was nothing but another class for me. During the month of October, it began to sink in, the students in my class weren't just classmates, they're my teammates.


I was very shy at first and i knew i was going to be taken out of my comfort zone but I'm glad I went through it.


Given it's my first semester on the staff, I know need a lot of help and all my editors have been extremely helpful and to say Mr. Cameron has been really patient is actually an understatement. For a cool minute, I thought he actually hated me.


I have gotten over that hump and now I am focused on improving my skills. More importantly, we as a staff are much more in sync and are working together to accomplish the goals we have this semester.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that I think you are doing a great job, and that you are definitely not shy anymore! Nice meeting and I look forward to working with you more this year.

Shola Shodiya
ASCC Vice President